Matthias is qualified as lawyer, tax adviser, master of law in economics and holds an university degree of business administration. After working for well-known law firms such as Flick Gocke Schaumburg or magic circle law firm Linklaters LLP and Deutsche Bank in London, he has founded an exquisite tax/ law-firm in Munich as a shareholder/ partner with two colleagues, Wolfgang Steger and Florian Schmidl.
Together, they pursue a full-service approach and offer precise legal advice in all areas of law (civil, criminal, public and tax law). Their clients include individuals (including HNWI), family offices, small to medium entities and stock-listed multinationals. Steger ∙ Weidmann ∙ Schmidl assist and advise on all legal and tax matters not only in the preparation and implementation of concepts but also in the assertion and enforcement of their claims. They are able to offer legal advice with highest quality - also in cross-border legal matters with their colleagues from foreign jurisdictions.
Matthias is connected to an excellent international network, e. g. colleagues from aija, a global association of lawyers from law firms of all sizes and cultures with currently 4,000 members and supporters in 90 different countries. He cooperates with specific law firms as permanent partners and cooperation partners on a case-by-case-basis depending on the requirements of the individual case. Besides the profession as lawyer and tax adviser Matthias lectures on various law and tax matters at state-owned and private organizations and publishes in highly respected national and international journals (i. a. EC Tax Review).
Together with his team, Matthias appreciates to support in any questions of German or international (tax) law.
Personal contact details:
- Partner of law firm Steger – Weidmann – Schmidl
- Admitted as attorney at law
- Admitted as tax adviser
- Master of Laws in economic law
- University diploma in business administration
- Arbitrator at German Institution of Arbitration, DIS (Deutsche Institution für Schiedsgerichtsbarkeit e. V.)
Main areas of practice
- Tax law
- Corporate / Company law
- Inheritance law
- Worked in legal department of Deutsche Bank in London
- Worked as associate and senior associate i. a. in a magic circle law firm
- Worked as Partner in a renowned law firm
- General qualification for university entrance
- Studied business administration, university diploma
- Studied law, finished both state legal exams in Bavaria
- Traineeship i. a. in Munich
- Master of laws, LL. M. (economic law)
- Speaker and auditor at different reputable national and international law and tax conferences
- Various publications in reputable journals such as EC Tax Review 2015, pages 105 – 118, "The new EU VAT Rules on the Place of Supply of B2C E-Services"
- Chairman of foundation board